The Barriers to Communication course will help the learners understand what the barriers to effective communication are, identify the various behavioral patterns and see how they can overcome them to become successful communicators in their personal and professional life. The video lecture is given by Carma D. Rodrigues.
Effective communication is a crucial skill in today’s highly competitive world. It has become an essential tool in achieving productivity and maintaining strong working relationships at all levels of an organization.
1. Identify and classify the barriers to communication
2. Identify some rules to overcome barriers to communication
3. Behavioral patterns in communication
4. Identify techniques that can enhance communication
The course will help the learners in understanding the different kinds of barriers to communication, such as language, physical and socio psychological reasons.
- Language/Semantic barriers include poor vocabulary, different languages, and different context for words or even cross cultural symbols.
- Physical barriers including noise, distance, improper timing and inadequate information.
- Socio Psychological barriers including inattentiveness, poor retention, emotions, status conscious, attitudes and opinions.
The video lecture will help you in identifying various behavioral patterns like passive, aggressive or assertive. The course will also address and elaborate on techniques that can help learners change their behavior and become more assertive.
As a part of the course learners will be given a way through which they can formulate a plan on how to overcome barriers to communication from a professional/workplace point of view. It includes:
- Creating a plan
- Creating an environment of assurance and confidence
- Considering time while you communicate
- Supporting your speech with action
- Communicating effectively
- Ensuring clarity in your message
Ask a Question
e-book enables you to access interactive reading material to strengthen the skills learned in the sessions.
Online Lab enables you to practice the application of concepts you have learnt in the sessions in the virtual environment.
Tutorials enables you to get easy learning with clear, crisp, and to-the-point content on a wide range of technical and non-technical subjects without any preconditions and impediments.