This undergraduate level course teaches the principles of jet propulsion. The primary focus of the course is on the teaching of thermodynamics and Gas dynamics in aircraft engines. The course provides information that will enable the engineering analysis of ramjets and turbine engines and its separate components including inlets, nozzles, combustion chambers, compressors.
Students successfully completing this course will get:
- A basic understanding of thermodynamic cycles of jet engines.
- A basic understanding of the compressible fluid flow in inlets and compressors and turbines.
- A basic understanding of the combustion physics in combustion chambers.
- A basic understanding of the rational behind several types of jet engines.
- The ability to analyze jet engines; determine propulsion efficiency and design inlets and nozzles.
Ask a Question
e-book enables you to access interactive reading material to strengthen the skills learned in the sessions.
Online Lab enables you to practice the application of concepts you have learnt in the sessions in the virtual environment.
Tutorials enables you to get easy learning with clear, crisp, and to-the-point content on a wide range of technical and non-technical subjects without any preconditions and impediments.